Why is the Nottingham Jobs Pledge important to my business?
Attracting and retaining good staff is the number one concern for most companies. We want to make it easier for you to future proof your skills needs by recruiting the right talent both now and in the future.
From offering work experience to accessing funding, there’s so much that we can do together to ensure Nottingham’s future is a thriving place to live and work.
What is the Nottingham Jobs Pledge?
When you make your Nottingham Jobs Pledge you will be asked to commit to one or more of the following initiatives:
- Work Experience: Offer work experience placements to young people and adults
- Apprenticeships: Develop Apprenticeships for 16-24 year old city residents
- Nottingham Jobs Fund: Create new roles for unemployed city residents
- Nottingham Jobs Hub: A free bespoke recruitment solution to meet employer’s recruitment needs
- Employability Support in schools: Work with City schools to encourage employability activity for pupils
- Financial sponsorship of Employment and Skills programmes
- In-kind sponsorship of pre-employment activity: Such as use of facilities, staff volunteers for mock interviews and recruitment exercises
- Internships: Offer extended paid work experience for undergraduates
- Procurement: Create jobs for residents through local employment clauses in your procurement activities
- Traineeships: offer work placement opportunities for Traineeship programmes for young people
How can a Nottingham Jobs Pledge help me? When you make your Pledge you will benefit from:
- Being identified as supporting City growth and the resulting publicity
- Access to funding
- Access to a free bespoke recruitment service
- Impartial guidance on selecting the right training provider for your business
- Single point of contact for support and funding available through Nottingham City Council
- Coordinated approach to delivering work experience through Job Centre Plus and Nottingham Futures
- Support and guidance on delivering additional Pledge commitments
- Access to Nottingham City Council procurement information and support.
How do I make my Pledge?
An experienced and dedicated officer will explore how best to make your pledge a reality and any funding that may be available to you. We will set up bespoke packages using a range tools with no cost to your organisation.
To find out how the Nottingham Jobs Pledge can work for your business please contact Jessica by calling 0115 876 2907 or email email@example.com