Salary: £135 per week
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: 4pm, Friday June 30th, 2017
The post-holder will become fully conversant and competent in providing administrative support within a relevant administrative area Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
Training will involve working alongside the administrative staff within the different areas of the department, working under supervision.
- To provide general office and administration support services
- To undertake general office duties, for example, answering the telephone, taking messages, filing, photocopying, handling incoming and outgoing post, etc
- To communicate with staff and visitors on a daily basis, providing support where required and working to help resolve any issues
- Assist the administrative team to arrange and administer meetings / conferences /events, including booking venues, the preparation and distribution of papers
- Under supervision produce accurate letters, minutes, reports and maintain databases etc, as required
- Under supervision develop and maintain administrative support systems, including bring forward files and manual and electronic filing systems, ensuring that systems are effective in their use and are reviewed regularly
- To assist with the ordering of supplies as appropriate
- Assist in the tasks and duties of other staff within the team during periods of staff leave/absence to ensure that an effective quality service is maintained at all times and contributing to the work of the team
- To record and securely store information relating to confidential matters and enquiries
- To undertake an annual appraisal to identify any necessary personal development required to meet the objectives of the Team, and to further develop the post-holders’ skills and role
- The post-holder will be required to undertake essential training as and when required
RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POST HOLDER
To contribute to the administrative work within the team.
To gain an understanding of how the team functions by providing support as required whilst gaining knowledge and experience and by undertaking training in the following:
- QCF Certificate Level 2 in Business Administration
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills (including English level 1, Maths level 1 and IT Level 1)
- Completion of Employer rights and responsibilities booklet
It is the responsibility of each member of staff to maintain confidentiality at all times
Staff must be aware of and adhere to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure their own safety and the safety of colleagues and patients. Staff must be aware of the action to be taken in the event of fire and must attend fire lectures at lease once a year
Staff should be aware of their own individual responsibilities under the Trust Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure that they adhere to the provisions of the policy
Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the Line Manager & Departmental Manager.
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but represents the current key areas of work. The content of this post will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder when necessary and in line with service developments.
For further information and to apply please contact Simon at Nottingham Jobs on 0115 8764508 or E-mail CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Based in one of the locations of the Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, NG2 3NG [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Fixed Term
← Back to previous page