Employer: Archway Learning Trust
Salary: £3.50 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week working a full academic year
Closing Date: This position will remain open until the position has been filled.
Bluecoat Academies Trust officially changed to Archway Learning Trust in May 2017. The Trust was initially formed in April 2014 as a result of the very long and successful history of Bluecoat Academy. Archway Learning Trust now comprises of Bluecoat Academy – Aspley Lane, Bluecoat Academy – Wollaton Park, Bluecoat Beechdale Academy and Bluecoat Academy Primary. Bluecoat Academy is the lead academy and is a highly successful, oversubscribed, 11-19 academy operating across two campuses within the city.
Apprentice technicians will be required to liaise with staff to ensure that resources are planned and prepared for lessons within the subject. They will also need to maintain classrooms, storage areas, etc. to ensure that these areas are stocked in order for lessons to run smoothly. There will be opportunities for building a large set of skills in a number of specialist areas in order to support staff within lessons.
THE ART DEPARTMENT
The Arts team is looking forward to welcoming a new member who can support them in fulfilling their vision for Art across the School at all levels of ability. The vision is that all students will develop a life-long love of and involvement in the arts.
The Faculty consists of a committed and professional team of teachers with a variety of degrees of experience within and beyond the academy. Currently members of the Faculty teach Art, Drama, Music, Creative Media, Textiles, Dance and Photography. The team has a collaborative approach and all work together to produce shared resources and plans.
1. Support the overall Christian ethos of the Trust.
2. Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, copyright etc. reporting all concerns to line manager.
3. Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
4. Contribute to the overall aims of the Trust.
5. To develop and implement own skills
6. To be professional, friendly, fair and firm with students, demonstrating the sort of politeness and respectfulness that we wish them to emulate.
7. To show an excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
8. Work cooperatively as part of the Catering staff team
9. Possesses or must be willing to train for the First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work qualification approved by the HSE as requested.
10. Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined.
The post holder will be required to provide support to the Design and Technology department and Art Department. Responsibilities will include:
Design & Technology:
- Working with teaching staff to ensure the correct resources are available in each lesson
- Providing targeted support in lessons where necessary (one to one and small group)
- Setting up demonstration lessons as required.
- Purchasing and keeping stock of basic equipment and resources.
- Preparing equipment/resources for lessons and ensuring that equipment is of working order.
- Upkeep of classrooms and stock rooms.
- Top up/maintenance of equipment/resources.
- General maintenance reports of classrooms and equipment.
- Completing orders using Academy ordering system
- Targeted support in lessons where necessary (one to one and small group)
- Upkeep of equipment cupboards (e.g. Refill paints, inks, sorting of palettes, brushes)
- Upkeep of sink areas – sorting used equipment.
- Art equipment orders and stock take using Academy ordering system.
- Preparation of equipment/materials for lessons.
- Level 2 - Apprenticeship for Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- As part of the role you will be required to undertake a qualification through Access Training. As part of the course you will develop and demonstrate skills and knowledge within the workplace to achieve a qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. This will give you the tools and knowledge to begin your career with the education setting.
- A significant amount of on-the-job training is undertaken in the workplace. This is a demanding but interesting and enjoyable course in which you’ll gain valuable workplace experience.
- A range of core units will be delivered within the workplace and you will receive regular support and visits from an assessor. You will also study English, maths and ICT if required
Skills & Qualities Required
- Ability to prepare for practical work for design and technology and art curriculum areas.
- A working knowledge of ICT equipment
- Awareness of Health and Safety procedures although full training will be provided
- Confidence and independence
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently understanding Trust roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Five or more good grades at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop constructive relationships and communicate well with students, colleagues, other agencies and professionals
- Work on own initiative and to demonstrate the ability to solve unexpected or new problems in a methodical, efficient manner seeking support and assistance where appropriate
- Responds to feedback and passes on knowledge and techniques to others
- Take responsibility for own professional development and be willing to partake in further in-service or external staff development and training
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly and change working practices in response to quality and review activities and the changing needs of the Trust.
For more infromation or to apply please call Helen at Access Training on 0330 002 6266 or Simon Litchfield at Nottingham Jobs on 0115 8764508 email@example.com
Location: Nottingham, NG8 5GY [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Fixed Term
← Back to previous page