Employer: Archway Learning Trust
Salary: £3,50 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, full academic year participating in a shift pattern which includes evening work
Closing Date: This position will remain open until the position has been filled.
Bluecoat Academies Trust officially changed to Archway Learning Trust in May 2017. The Trust was initially formed in April 2014 as a result of the very long and successful history of Bluecoat Academy. Archway Learning Trust now comprises of Bluecoat Academy – Aspley Lane, Bluecoat Academy – Wollaton Park, Bluecoat Beechdale Academy and Bluecoat Academy Primary.
The Trust is seeking to appoint a committed Apprentice Site Officer to join our successful Site Team as soon as possible. The Apprentice Site Officer will be responsible for supporting the wider team in ensuring a well maintained, safe and secure environment for students, staff, visitors and external hirers.
- The post holder will work under the supervision of the Site Manager to ensure that the Trust sites are well maintained, safe and secure environment for students, staff, visitors and external hirers.
- Whilst the post may be primarily based at a particular Trust campus, there will be a requirement for the post holder to work across any of the sites that comprise Bluecoat Academies Trust in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Conduct routine inspections of the buildings, fittings, furniture, premises and grounds to assess for minor work or repairs required, ensuring a high level of customer service to the Trust’s various users.
- Maintain good Health, Safety and Security procedures to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Carry out health and safety checks such as legionella temperature control, fire alarm tests, fire call point testing and similar.
- Carry out tasks assigned on the helpdesk, update the helpdesk with individual task progress and input any new tasks requested by staff onto the helpdesk.
- Conduct the locking and unlocking of Trust buildings and those of partner schools as required.
- Assist Site Officers with regular security checks to identify security risks. Monitoring fire safety equipment ordering replacements or refills as required.
- Assist with the monitoring of CCTV equipment where appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Senior Site Officer to undertake appropriate maintenance, painting, decoration and repairs as required including improvement work.
- Collect and assemble waste for collection.
- Carry out cleaning/litter-picking duties as required.
- Co-ordinate deliveries to the Trust.
- Greet and manage the needs of visitors hiring the Trust’s facilities.
- Set up for exams, training, events and other functions as directed.
- Process orders using the Trust’s ordering system.
The successful applicant can work towards
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principals
- Functional Skills Qualification in English and Maths ( If required )
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Having a high attention to detail.
- Being able to work under pressure.
- Possessing a customer service focus
- An understanding of the Trust business and the impact the Site Team Helpdesk requests have on the effective running of the Trust
- Good literacy and numeracy skills evidenced through at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) of Grade C and above including Maths and English.
- Willingness to learn.
- Confident and independence.
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently understanding the Trust roles and responsibilities in relation to your own.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Bluecoat Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to behave in such a way that supports this commitment.
For more information (or to appply) contact Helen at Access Training on 0330 002 6266 or Simon Litchfield at Nottingham Jobs 0115 8764508 email@example.com
Location: Nottingham, NG8 5GY [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Fixed Term
← Back to previous page