Employer: At Home Childcare
Salary: £20K - £24K pro rata - depending on qualifications and experience
Closing Date: This position will remain open until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Childminder Development Mentor/Trainer
DAYS/HOURS: 16 hours per week
@Home Childcare is an Ofsted registered childminder agency. We operate as a professional home-based childcare network and our prime role is to provide registration, support, training and inspection services to childminders. We place a strong focus on customer service and quality outcomes for children. We love what we do! Our recent Ofsted inspection judged us a being Effective in all areas. "The strong focus on securing good quality teaching and learning are hallmarks of the agency's work." "The agency is focused sharply on improving the quality of childminders' practice."
We are looking for an appropriately qualified and experienced person to join our team as Childminder Development Mentor/Trainer in Nottingham. The individual could be an outstanding/good childminder interested in career progression.
Your responsibilities will be to provide on-going quality improvement support and quality assurance inspections to our registered childminders. You will also deliver pre-registration training and on-going CPD training including webinars. Our childminder CPD training and webinars are held monthly in the evenings and the pre-registration and CPD training is delivered on Saturdays termly.
We are interested in proficient early years specialists with the right skills and aspirations. Above all, you must be passionate and committed to encouraging and extending children’s learning and development through high quality home-based childcare. Ideal candidates will be experienced Early Years practitioners with extensive childminding experience. You will be confident communicators with excellent people skills to support, engage and motivate childminders who come from a range of different backgrounds.
- Extensive knowledge of childminders - either from being an outstanding/good childminder or from working closely with childminders e.g. Early Years inspector, LA support worker, Early Years assessor/quality assurer
- Experience of delivering training and supportto childcare practitioners
- Level 5 qualification in Early Years as a minimum e.g. EYP status
- UK driving licence with use of your own car
- Inspection and/or assessing experience
- Teaching in the Adults’ Learning sector qualification e.g. PTLLS, Cert Ed
- A1 equivalent assessor qualification
- IQA (Internal Quality Assurer)
- Experience of online learning platforms or using EYFS software
- Early Years Teacher status
The work is employed for 16 hours per week. Hours will increase as and when there is a business need.The position includes some home-working and occasional Saturdays and evenings. The successful candidate will be expected to support childminders in Nottinghamshire, Derby and occasionally in Leicestershire.
HOW TO APPLY
In the first instance e-mail CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ATHOME in the subject line
Telephone Number 0115 8764407
Location: Nottingham, NG7 6JF [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Permanent
← Back to previous page