Employer: Nottingham City Council
Salary: Band A - £8.25 per hour
Hours: Part time shifts 10-15 hours a week
Closing Date: 12pm, Wednesday May 10th, 2017
A number of vacancies have arisen for Cleaners and Mobile Cleaners at various sites across the city including: Aspley, Bestwood, Bulwell, City Centre, Clifton, Radford and Rise Park
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided but applicants must be physically fit as you will be on your feet for your whole shift ad using cleaning equipment.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To undertake the cleaning of Nottingham City Council building using the necessary chemicals and equipment.
- To carry out a range of cleaning duties, including sweeping, vacuum cleaning, floor polishing, dusting, mopping, maintaining sanitary items, etc.
- To comply with legislation, Council procedures and safe working practices, after training.
- To report faults and hazards to their supervisor, as soon as possible.
- To assist members of Building Cleaning staff with other duties, as required.
- To undertake training relevant to their job, in order to ensure that their work is carried out to the highest possible standard.
- To work on own initiative, unsupervised whilst carrying out their duties.
- To have a help attitude towards customer needs, at all times.
All staff are expected to maintain high standards of customer care in the context of the City council’s Core Values, to uphold the Equality and Diversity Policy and health and safety standards and to participate in training activities necessary to their post.
All staff are expected to abide by the obligations set out in the Information Security Policy, IT Acceptable Use Policy and Code of Conduct in order to uphold Nottingham City Council standards in relation to the creation, management, storage and transmission of information. Information must be treated in confidence and only be used for the purposes for which it has been gathered and should not be shared except where authorised to do so. It must not be used for personal gain or benefit, nor should it be passed on to third parties who might use it in such a way. All staff are expected to uphold the City Council obligations in relation to current legislation including the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act.
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out any other duties as directed by a supervising officer, the responsibility level of any other duties should not exceed those outlined above.
A DBS check will also be carried out.
To apply for this vacancy please complete the attached application form and return FAO Jessica Grice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Eastcroft Depot, London Road, Nottingham , NG2 3AH [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Permanent
Applicant Guidance Notes
Equality and Diversity Policy
Terms and Comditions Summary
← Back to previous page