Employer: The Cornwater Club
Salary: £8.75 per hour
Hours: 24 hours a week
Closing Date: 1pm, Tuesday May 2nd, 2017
- To be responsible for planning, purchasing ingredients, washing tea towels, tabards, etc, preparing and cooking a nutritious lunch for members and visitors who attend the daily sessions of both clubs.
- Provide welcome drinks and light refreshments as required.
- To be responsible for and supervise the volunteers involved with Kitchen duties and to ensure the welfare of members is considered
- To ensure all Food and Health Hygiene standards are fully met.
- To be flexible with regard to any required changes in order to meet possible changing Business ‘Needs and Demands’
- To assist with organising Special Events eg. Christmas, Chinese New Year
For Health and Safety within the kitchen and ensure Food Hygiene Standards are adhered to by all staff and volunteers
For ensuring all relevant Policies and Procedures are adhered to including relevant EHO paperwork requirements
For supervising the kitchen volunteers.
For the thorough cleanliness of all areas within the kitchen and other food related places incl. ensuring all tea towels and tabards are washed and clean.
For all kitchen-related and food-related stock control including making sure there are sufficient supplies of food for meals and refreshments including at least 2 spare meals in freezer to cover unforeseen emergencies, absences etc
For monitoring and working to an agreed annual budget
- To plan, purchase and provide light refreshments and a cooked two-course nutritious lunch each day. Take into account any special dietary requirements that members have.
- To liaise with the Session Leader regarding Special Days catering eg. Christmas, Chinese New Year, etc
- To ensure all Tea Towels and Tabards are washed and clean
- To assist with any duties related to the members’ welfare including security of the building.
- To supervise volunteers’ help related to serving meals and refreshments.
- To establish and maintain a supportive and facilitating role with members and help to ensure that nutritional and dietary needs are met and a happy social environment is maintained over lunch by presenting a varied set of menus
- To attend all staff team meetings
- To undertake relevant administrative and housekeeping tasks including the maintenance of records and preparation of written and verbal reports as required
- To undertake any other relevant duties deemed by the Trustees to come within the scope of the role
- To liaise with the Human Resources Trustee to ensure cover is arranged for holidays and any other absences
- To ensure the all daily, weekly, monthly Opening and Closing Checks are completed every day including when you are absent on holidays or sickn
- To be able to accept responsibility
- To be able to integrate with and provide support to the Team Leader, staff and volunteers
- To establish a rapport with and be sensitive to the needs of members.
- To be able to demonstrate respect for members’ wishes.
- To possess a current Food Hygiene Certificate.
- To be able to develop menu plan in consultation with Members wishes and dietary requirements
- To be able to communicate effectively.
- An ability to practise time management
- An ability to plan, organise and supervise volunteers to deliver the daily meal
- To be able to work within established guidelines
- To be able to plan and prepare nutritious meals for 25 people a day
- Ability to plan and keep to a food budget
- To be able to demonstrate a knowledge of catering to different dietary requirements
- To be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
- To demonstrate commitment to the ethics of Cornwater Evergreens
- To be able to attend the Ravenshead Centre and undertake food shopping.
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of preparing menu plans and working to agreed budgets
To apply for this vacancy send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this vacancy contact: Sarah.Bent@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Advert added by DK.
Location: Ravens Lodge,, Main Rd, Ravenshead, NG15 9GS [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Permanent
← Back to previous page