Employer: University of Nottingham
Salary: £38,183 to £46,924 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
Hours: Full time
Closing Date: 1pm, Wednesday May 10th, 2017
Applications are invited for this permanent full-time post in the Financial Management Department delivering financial management advice and information to business units across the University. Leading the Financial Management team in Social Sciences on University Park and Jubilee Campus, you will provide effective and efficient financial management services and business-partnering support to a portfolio of academic schools.
This will include contributing to development and delivery of financial strategy and business process improvements where necessary. You will be reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, whilst also liaising with the Corporate Finance team to ensure compliance with financial regulations and external reporting compliance with financial regulations and external reporting requirements.
Working with the Pro-Vice-Chancellor and Schools’ senior management, you will:
- Ensure effective financial management, prepare budgets, forecasts and monthly accounts
- Contribute to the strategic direction and successful performance of business units across a range of key performance indicators
- Provide information and advice to support organisational change, implement business agendas and proactively identify opportunities for efficiency savings
You will be responsible for:
- Leading Financial Management’s local teams, ensuring effective workload allocation and provision of excellent financial support to academic schools
- Liaising with senior management on financial performance and KPI monitoring
- Presenting management accounts and other financial information at monthly finance meetings
- Completing business cases, investment appraisals and financial reviews
- Dealing with complex finance queries
You will also be responsible for line management of staff within the team. The role will be split-based on two campuses: University Park and Jubilee and one day a week with the Head of Commercial Finance at King’s Meadow Campus.
You will be CCAB qualified (or equivalent) or have significant experience in a similar or relevant role and have proven leadership skills and experience of devolved budgeting and complex reporting in large organisations. Excellent report-writing, interpersonal, IT, negotiation and organisational skills are essential along with the ability to influence and deliver change.
This vacancy requires you to apply through the employers website: http://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/FAB110717
For more information on this vacancy contact: Vaughen.Crompton@nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Advert added by DK.
Location: University of Nottingham, Nottingham Road, Nottingham , NG7 2RD [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Permanent
← Back to previous page