Salary: £18,119 - £20,143 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. (Normal working hours are from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with an hour unpaid lunch break.)
Closing Date: 12pm, Friday September 1st, 2017
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. (Normal working hours are from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with an hour unpaid lunch break.)
Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per annum, including Bank Holidays. Pro-rata. Holiday period runs annually from April – March. You will be entitled to 1 day’s increment per year after 5 years of continuous service, up to an additional 5 days.
Benefits: Statutory Sick Pay
Pension: This is a statutory requirement which can be provided through NEST. All employees will be entered into the scheme after an initial three months’ employment, unless you purposely choose to opt-out of said scheme, subject to discussion with the Operations Manager.
- Ad-hoc administrative support to the Operations Manager, as required.
- Assist with HR administration in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- To organise and collate all paperwork relating to staff recruitment, induction and training.
- To organise paperwork and take minutes at all management meetings and other meetings, as requested.
- Coordinate and organise paperwork that may be required at any given time for the Director or Operations Manager.
- Oversee the storage, upkeep, and re-ordering of marketing leaflets.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with all files and correspondence.
- Monitor stationery requirements and re-order as and when necessary.
- Learn and become proficient in the company’s logistics software or websites, as needed.
- Ensure the Quality Management Systems and Environmental Management Systems are operational and up-to-date.
- Oversee the emails regarding the administration and bookings for firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure adherence of the lone worker policy for self and awareness of said policy for other members of staff.
- Ensure all logs are kept up-to-date.
- To attend any training that is useful to the development of the post, as agreed with the Operations Manager.
- Undertake reception duties, for example, looking after any visitors to Head Office.
- Assisting the Sales Team, where required.
- Assist in running a fully operational dispatching service.
- Managing the logistics of deliveries to clients.
- Create monthly operational reports for all logistics data.
- Provide excellent customer service and handle customer complaints, or direct to appropriate department.
- Give specific and detailed logistical instructions to couriers and adhere to strict delivery deadlines.
- Complete all required paperwork and monitor train activity for our FastTrack train deliveries.
- Observe trains to check for any delays and report to Operations Manager if there are any problems.
- Contact external courier firms for quotes and to book jobs.
- Develop strong working relationships with couriers and help to manage any courier concerns.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the post.
- A friendly and personable approach.
- A self-motivated and self-starter with a demonstrable positive work ethic.
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or minimum of three years’ equivalent experience.
- An ability to work independently and take decisions – but know when to seek guidance – and deliver to deadlines.
- Personal organisation and time management skills, including an ability to prioritise, work flexibly and to complete tasks.
- Verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to communicate and conduct yourself in a professional manner with all stakeholders (clients, colleagues, business and charitable organisations, professional associations etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- A proven right to work in the UK.
- Previous Logistics experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Smartsheet.
- Ability to plan and organise driver and courier work by creating effective schedules, using knowledge of driving routes, geography, and traffic patterns or conditions.
- A strong working knowledge of job scheduling and diary management.
- The appointment is subject to receipt of:
- Two references satisfactory to the Operations Manager
- A satisfactory Right to Work check
Probationary Period: Six months (In case of illness during the probation period, statutory sick pay only will be applicable.)
Period of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: TBC
Closing date for applications is 12pm on 1st September and interviews will be held on the 7th September.
How To Apply
This is the link for the application form: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/3018f66491e248e5a4d78773303ac61f
Please Email Brian Baigrie on email@example.com or telephone on: 01158765784
Advert Added by HW
Location: 48-50 Queens Road, NG2 3AS [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Permanent
← Back to previous page