Salary: £40k per annum
Hours: Full time
Closing Date: 1pm, Friday June 30th, 2017
- Manage the daily service delivery of the trams and tram cleaning.
- Ensure that technical standards, maintenance practices and cleaning activities are complied with and that the safety of staff and passengers is given utmost priority by cultivating and promoting a strong safety culture – both on and off track.
- Ensure effective audit and performance management mechanisms are established and undertake regular audits of tram maintenance and tram cleaning contractor’s systems, processes and service delivery to ensure activities are safe, cost-effective and meet the obligations of NTL’s operating contract.
- Work closely with Alstom (our maintenance partner) to consistently deliver a safe, high quality and reliable tram service, providing the link between the Nottingham Tram Operations team and Alstom.
- Work with Alstom to identify modifications and improvements of the trams and the tram maintenance regime.
- Provide reliability analysis and technical leadership to our maintenance provider and to NTL and monitor the tram reliability and availability performance.
- Ensure tram maintenance activities as determined within the tram maintenance contract are undertaken in accordance with vehicle lifecycle plans.
- Lead investigations into any technical matters and Chair regular review meetings with the contracted parties.
- Review invoices to ensure accuracy and approval of contract variations (where appropriate) and agree failure allocations.
Experience and essential skills:
- Major manufacturer, tram system or TOC experience in managing and delivering train/tram services.
- Understand electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
- Experience of maintenance management systems (i.e. SAP, Maximo etc)
- Good knowledge of current rail/tram technical standards and legislation.
- Experience of working within a train /tram depot.
- Experience in managing contracts with suppliers.
- Excellent skills in data analysis and MS Excel.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- BEng or equivalent.
- CEng or working towards.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please contact the Employer Hub at: firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. Alternatively call 0115 8764508
For more information on this vacancy contact: Vaughen.Crompton@nottinnghamcity.gov.uk
Advert added by DK.
Location: Nottingham , NG1 2DP [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Permanent
Nottingham Trams Ltd Application Form
Equal Ops Monitoring Questionnaire
← Back to previous page