Employer: Engie - Keepmoat Regeneration
Salary: Competitive with benifits
Closing Date: 11pm, Thursday August 24th, 2017
Keepmoat Regeneration are recruiting for an Undergraduate Quantity Surveyor to be based in Nottingham. This is a permanent fixed term (gap year placement) role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Keepmoat Regeneration, part of the ENGIE Group, is the leading provider of regeneration services in the UK. Keepmoat Regeneration designs, builds, refurbishes and maintains homes, buildings and the facilities, places and spaces that support our communities.
We work in partnership with housing associations, local authorities, the private sector and residents to invest in local communities, strengthen local economies and transform lives.
We specialise in working with public and private sector landowners and landlords, bringing brownfield sites into active use and breathing new life into neighbourhoods across the UK.
We are passionate about maximising the social and economic benefits wherever we work, which is why we employ local people and suppliers and work closely with our residents.
Purpose of the Role:
Providing support to the Quantity Surveying team regarding a variety of commercial and contractual activities.
- To assist the QS team with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- To measure all works accurately
- Assist the QS department in the preparation of final accounts
- Assist with sub-contract procurement
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- General day to day administrative duties
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement and commercial administration
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
- To support the QS team with in the management of the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Maximise value and minimise cost
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the QS team with sub-contractor selection and ensure the chosen sub-contractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
- Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
- Sufficiently manage the financial aspects of the project to ensure the correct safety equipment is used at all times
- Be responsible for your safety and others around you
- Attend project and company related meetings
- To liaise with all staff, clients, consultants and residents in a professional manner
- Any other reasonable management request
For more information about Keepmoat Regeneration please visit: https://www.keepmoatregen.com/
What we are looking for:
- An undergraduate looking for a gap year after year 2 of a Quantity Surveying degree.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work proactively with a keen interest in developing a career within the industry.
- Be collaborative, forward thinking and enthusiastic.
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Regeneration we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme – Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. Keepmoat Regeneration do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the Keepmoat Regeneration Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to Keepmoat Regeneration Managers.
To apply for this role please use the following link https://jobs.engie.com/jobs/undergraduate-quantity-surveyor-fixed-term-nottingham-43735?et=G5bJNvx7
For any other information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Nottingham, NG8 6PX [get directions from google maps]
Contract Type: Fixed Term
← Back to previous page